Thursday, August 04, 2005

About the trip.

Ok so you want the lowdown on the trip henceforth known as the "Epic Journey" Well let us start of with the reasons.

The Reasons

1) I am now 23 years old and have been living at home my whole life. Leaving home is something I need to do to grow as a person.

2) Uncertain future in South Africa I need to check some other places out, make some contacts and just see if the grass really is greener on the other side. S.A could become a great place to live or it could turn to complete shit. I need to keep my options open. Also due to Affirmative Action Black Economic Empowerment (Note the subtle difference) It has become very hard for white males to find jobs. Even if you run a company larger then a certain size you need quotas of ownership, management etc The same if you want to tender for large contracts.

3) The general state of lawlessness in the country. Every day you hear a story of someone being hijacked or shot or something. Not the kind of place to raise kids. We live in our own jails everyone has High Walls electric fencing, electric gates, alarm systems and Armed responses. All in all quite a hostile environment! Designed to keep the badies out not in. Overall this doesn't do much for community relations as people tend to develop a siege mentality. Is the grass greener on the other side? Only one way to find out!

Anyways Enough of me justifying the reasons for me going to check out this strange and foreign land

The plan

  • Depart South Africa from Jhb international airport at 21:20 PM (CAT) Monday the 16th of Aug 2005 (Zero Hour)
  • Arrive United Kingdom Heathrow 07:30 AM (GMT) Meet 1 x Younger Sister at Airport
  • Find a Job doing java/j2ee
  • Pimp The Hoes
  • Take over the world
Other then that I am going to play it by ear.

Thoughts, Comments? Let me know! Use the comment button below and maybe we can even engage in some intelligent debate (Although that is highly unlikely)

1 comment:

Rich said...

I _CANT_ wait to get there :>